- Raymond tallis "Tallis in Wonderland" and Prof. It isn't afraid to tackle all the major questions of life, the universe and everything. Published every two months, it corrupts innocent citizens by convincing them that philosophy can be exciting, and also provides some enjoyable reading matter for those already ensnared by the muse, worthwhile and comprehensible, such as philosophy students and teachers.
Launched in 1991, philosophy Now has grown into the most widely-read philosophy periodical in the English language. Peter adamson "Philosophy Then". Philosophy now contains articles and features on all aspects of philosophy, cartoons, as well as book reviews, interviews, film reviews, news, and the occasional short story.Philosophy Now
- Issues are delivered automatically to your Kindle every two months. Philosophy now is a lively magazine for everyone interested in ideas. In 2016 it was given the bertrand russell Society's Award for "ably following in the Russellian tradition of encouraging philosophical inquiry in a popular manner. Philosophy now is independent of all groups and has no intentional editorial bias except for a passionate conviction that philosophy is a Good Thing.
It attracts contributions by well-known philosophers such as Mary Midgley, and regular columnists Prof.
More information about Anja Publications
The American ScholarThe Phi Beta Kappa Society
- Essays, criticism, articles, and poetry have been mainstays of the magazine for 75 years. Inspired by ralph waldo emerson's famous speech, history, self-knowledge, delivered to the Phi Beta Kappa Society at Harvard College in 1837, The American Scholar, the magazine aspires to Emerson's ideals of independent thinking, and a commitment to the affairs of the world as well as to books, and science.
Kindle magazines are fully downloaded onto your Kindle so you can read them even when you're not wirelessly connected. The american scholar is the venerable but lively quarterly magazine of public affairs, history, literature, science, and culture published by the Phi Beta Kappa Society since 1932. In recent years the magazine has won four National Magazine Awards, the industry's highest honor, and many of its essays and articles have been selected for the yearly Best American anthologies. The American Scholar
- In 2006, the american scholar began to publish fiction by such writers as Alice Munro, Steven Millhauser, Louis Begley, Ann Beattie, Dennis McFarland, and David Leavitt. This magazine does not necessarily reflect the full print content of the publication.
More information about The Phi Beta Kappa Society Similar products
- It covers politics, analysis, commentary, culture, and ideas through a provocative mix of news, and reviews. The kindle edition of reason contains most articles found in the print edition, but will not include all the images. For your convenience, issues are auto-delivered wirelessly to your Kindle at the same time the print edition hits the newsstand.
Reason is the monthly print magazine of free minds and free markets. Reason provides a refreshing alternative to right-wing and left-wing opinion magazines by making a principled case for liberty and individual choice in all areas of human activity.
More information about Reason Similar products
The New York Review of BooksThe New York Review of Books
- For over 45 years, politics, scientists, art, educators, artists, the New York Review of Books has been the place where the world's leading authors, and political leaders turn when they wish to engage in a spirited debate on literature, and ideas with a small but influential audience that welcomes the challenge.
Each issue addresses some of the most passionate political and cultural controversies of the day, and reviews the most engrossing new books and the ideas that illuminate them. Kindle magazines are fully downloaded onto your Kindle so you can read them even when you're not wirelessly connected. This magazine does not necessarily reflect the full print content of the publication.
More information about The New York Review of Books Similar products
Science NewsSociety for Science & the Public
- Concise, current and comprehensive, the magazine provides an approachable overview from all fields and applications of science and technology. Science news offers readers bold, contemporary, award-winning editorial content and detailed imagery. Science news is edited for an educated readership of professionals, scientists and other science enthusiasts.
Written by a staff of experienced science journalists, it treats science as news, reporting accurately and placing findings in perspective. Kindle magazines are fully downloaded onto your Kindle so you can read them even when you're not wirelessly connected. This magazine does not necessarily reflect the full print content of the publication. Science News
- . Science news readers find valuable coverage of their own fields of interest as well as related disciplines and cross-disciplinary investigations.
More information about Society for Science & the Public Similar products
Current HistoryCurrent History Inc.
- John ikenberry, kenneth lieberthal, andrew Moravcsik, Ahmed Rashid, Charles Kupchan, Michael McFaul, George Perkovich, and Lilia Shevtsova. The kindle edition includes all essays, book reviews, and chronologies of international events found in the print magazine. Kindle magazines are fully downloaded onto your Kindle so you can read them even when you're not wirelessly connected.
And every january we assess key global trends and present our annual “Global Progress Report. Authors contributing to current history include scholars such as Francis Fukuyama, Leslie Gelb, Nicholas Eberstadt, Barry Eichengreen, Elizabeth Economy, Steven Pinker, Larry Diamond, G. Special issues cover topics such as humanitarian intervention, global migrations, and the next democratic wave. Current History
- Authoritative but readable, the magazine publishes nine months per year September through May. Each issue focuses on a single region or topic, South Asia, including annual issues on China and East Asia, Russia, the Middle East, Europe, Latin America, and Africa. Current history, founded in 1914, is the oldest US publication devoted to contemporary world affairs.
More information about Current History Inc. Similar products
The NationThe Nation
- It will, make an earnest effort to bring to the discussion of political and social questions a really critical spirit, on the contrary, exaggeration, and to wage war upon the vices of violence, and misrepresentation by which so much of the political writing of the day is marred. The kindle edition of the Nation contains most articles found in the print edition, but will not include all images.
For your convenience, issues are auto-delivered wirelessly to your Kindle at the same time the print edition hits the newsstand. America's oldest and most widely read weekly journal of progressive political and cultural news, sect, The Nation will not be the organ of any party, opinion and analysis, or body.
More information about The Nation Similar products
The ScientistThe Scientist
- Professionals in academia and industry read us to maintain a broad view of the life sciences and keep up with issues and trends in other fields. Just the right mix of intelligent reporting on science and the business of science. Professor, USA". The scientist has a combination of interesting, new discoveries and also these provocative stories that people sort of discuss but never seem to get investigated.
The scientist keeps subscribers up-to-date with the latest developments, the business of science, research trends, technology advances, scientists-to-watch and useful career advice. Scientists look forward to reading The Scientist. Science enthusiasts read the insightful articles because they are current, concise and entertaining but also provide a technical, yet approachable overview of the life sciences. The Scientist
- With one of the largest readerships of any life science publication and the winner of several editorial and design awards, The Scientist's broad appeal is due to its fresh and unique style which emphasizes readability, topicality and reliability. ". An excellent source of stimulating reading about most every current aspect of science.
Lab managerThe Jackson Laboratory".
More information about The Scientist Similar products
London Review of BooksLondon Review of Books
- Subscribe to the london Review of Books on your Kindle to be part of the debate. Kindle magazines are fully downloaded onto your Kindle so you can read them even when you're not wirelessly connected. The london review of books is the largest literary magazine in Europe and has an unparalleled international reputation for long form literary journalism.
Published every two weeks, scholars and writers on a range of subjects such as history, philosophy, biography, politics, art, poetry, each issue contains unique contributions by the world's leading thinkers, opinion pieces, film and more. The lrb doesn’t just review books - it uses recently published books as a catalyst to interrogate and analyse world culture; the end point is a collection of independent, originally-crafted essays.
More information about London Review of Books Similar products
The Progressive MagazineThe Progressive, Inc
- . The pentagon's plans to put U. S. These days, the progressive features the writings of the great environmentalists Wendell Berry and Terry Tempest Williams, populist Jim Hightower, sportswriter Dave Zirin, Latin American essayist Eduardo Galeano, and The Progressive's own Ruth Conniff and Matthew Rothschild.
. The companies that are profiting from the sadistic stun devices they sell to police departments. Plus, you'll meet the activists who are fighting the good fight. Merwin, and Oliver Stone. In each kindle edition, you’ll get investigative journalism covering topics like the FBI's alliance with more than 30, 000 businessmen it's called InfraGard. The Progressive Magazine
- For over 100 years, controlling congress, this courageous periodical has been the place where our nation’s most progressive thinkers have gathered to open your eyes to who is really profiting from war, manipulating stocks, and pulling strings. Troops from its Northern Command on our streets. The progressive is a left-wing, monthly magazine that tears off the corporate masks and pushes past the doors marked “Private” to reveal to you who controls the real levers of power.
And political humor from Will Durst and Kate Clinton. So put the progressive on your kindle today!Kindle Magazines are fully downloaded onto your Kindle so you can read them even when you're not wirelessly connected. You’ll get interviews with the likes of Amy Goodman, Naomi Klein, W.
More information about The Progressive, Inc Similar products
BBC History MagazineImmediate Media Company London Ltd
- From social history to military, classical to modern, this is the magazine that brings the past to life. Whatever your historical interest, you’ll find something inside. Kindle magazines are fully downloaded onto your Kindle so you can read them even when you're not wirelessly connected. The features are written by leading historians, and though the magazine is never stuffy, you can be sure that what you’re reading is the latest thinking.
It covers all periods of history, and though it has a British focus, its remit is global. Bbc history magazine is Britain’s bestselling history magazine.
More information about Immediate Media Company London Ltd Similar products